Don't you just love those oh-so-cute Christmas outfits offered by Evilinnocence? Wouldn't you love to be able to recreate that fur effect in DAZ|Studio? Up until recently, I believed it was impossible to get that gorgeous look. But by using some great shaders, offered for free online, you can get that look too!
Here is what you need:
- DAZ|Studio - www.daz3d.com
- Fuzzy Wuzzy Shaders. (Make sure you download the DAZ|Studio version and not the Poser version)
- The model of your choice, there are lots of free models available, I used Aiko 3.0 for this render.
- The free Christmas outfits offered at www.evilinnocence.com
The procedure is really easy.
- load your model and the outfit you've chosen.
- In the "scene" tab, highlight the outfit.
- In the surfaces tab, select "trim."
- Now, go back to the content tab and locate where you've put the shaders folder.
- Select the "fuzzy wuzzy" shader in the color you want. Alternatively, you can use your own texture and apply the "all purpose fur" shader.
- Add all your textures and lighting and everything else you want to put in the scene, then render.
This procedure will work for any shader you want to use, and there are some cool ones out there.
Remember, if you want to adjust the length of the fur, you can go back in the surfaces tab, select "trim" and adjust the displacement up or down.
Have fun and happy rendering!